CSsoResourceManagerCache MOSS Log File Entries


After installing SP1 on my MOSS server farm I noticed the MOSS logs full of the errors below.
I found out that the during the SP1 upgrade the SSO service was started on the server. I’m not using SSO so I turned it off and made sure it was set to “manual”. That got rid of the errors in the MOSS log.

CSsoResourceManagerCache cannot find SSO connection string value in the registry!    

Error code is: -2147418113           

CSsoResourceManagerCache has set SSO connection string value to be empty …  SSO is not configured any more.          

Error code is: -2147418113           

IResourceManager::Refresh() failed      

Error code is: -2147024809           

ForceRefreshOfSPSResMgr() failed.  This may be ok if SSO has not been configured yet and the run-as service gets an access denied   

Error code is: -2147024809           

CSsoResourceManagerCache cannot find SSO connection string value in the registry!    

Error code is: -2147418113           

CSsoResourceManagerCache has set SSO connection string value to be empty …  SSO is not configured any more.          

Error code is: -2147418113           

CSsoResourceManagerCache::Refresh Failed!  

Error code is: -2147024809           

CSsoResourceManager failed to get Connection String from the cache!

Error code is: -2147024809           

IResourceManager::CreateSession() failed, we will call IResourceManager::Refresh() to refresh and try again   

Error code is: -2147024809           

Advertisements

4 Responses to “CSsoResourceManagerCache MOSS Log File Entries”

  1. faheem Says:

    Kerry,

    thanks for posting this, can you let me know where you found further info about this issue, i have the same.

    thx
    fn

  2. Phil Shisbey Says:

    Thanks for this!

    I was doing a SharePoint (MOSS) 2007 SP1 upgrade and the Configuration Wizard was hanging on step 8 (out of 9). It hung for 18 hours! The log was full of thousands of “SyncUpgradeTimerJob: sleeping for 10 seconds” messages and “[site] has been upgraded to a newer version of SharePoint” errors.

    Following yours and other’s advice I set the following services to manual starup and shut them off:
    World wide web service
    Microsoft Single Sign-on Service
    Windows Sharepoint Services Search

    ….and tried a combination of upgrading from the command line (see below) and using the SharePoint prod/tech Configruation Wizard; and finally it completed.

    Command line with C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\BIN>psconfig.exe -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -wait -force

    (would be nice if someone would explain the difference between b2b and v2v (not documented ANYWHERE withing Google’s reach).

    Thanks again – without your help it’d still be broken.

    Phil

  3. Ken Says:

    Thanks for the fix!

  4. Rick Says:

    I’ve seen that “b2b” is for “build to build” so theoretically “v2v” could be “version to version”, i.e. for major upgrades


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: